ANGEL ESCALANTE, FOUNDING PARTNER
Angel has over ten years of experience in the Tax and Foreign Trade Areas and has a solid training and ample experience in both of these types of practice, providing support and counsel to both national and foreign clients. He is a member of the ANADE (National Association of Corporate Lawyers) and he became a certified attorney by this association in 2012. He is a member of the ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) and is part of this chamber’s Commission on Taxation and its Commission on Customs and Trade Facilitations.
Before opening his own firm, he was a founding partner of Sánchez, Pedraza, Escalante, Coto y Figueroa, and also of González, Hernández y Escalante. He was a junior partner at RLH ASESORES Y COMPAÑÍA; he was responsible for the Area of Taxes in the three previously mentioned Firms. Additionally, in the first Firm, he was also responsible for the Foreign Trade Area and in the second one he was also responsible for the Corporate Area.
He worked at the Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C. Law Firm.
Angel has been recognized as expert by publication Who’s Who Legal in the fields of Corporate Tax and Trade & Customs in 2016.
PRACTICES in which he works:
- Tax and foreign trade consultancy and planning.
- Management and performance of procedures before fiscal and customs authorities.
- Alternative means for the solution of disputes in tax and foreign trade matters.
- Tax and foreign trade litigation.
- Preventive aspects (due-diligence).
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Corporate restructuring.
- Patrimonial planning for individuals.
Education, Professional Affiliations, Academic Activities:
- Master in Tax by the Universidad Panamericana (2009-2010), with the thesis entitled: “Analysis of the Amendment of the Tax Consolidation Regime of December 7, 2009 in Light of the Constitutional Right Against ex post facto Laws”. With Honors.
- Postgraduate Studies in Criminal Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho (2005-2006).
- Law Degree by the Escuela Libre de Derecho (1999-2004), with the thesis titled: ““Fiscal Federalism: Constitutional Aspects and Taxing Power by the States”. With Honors for his Student Trajectory. Highest Grade Point Average of his class.
Spanish and English.